When you place your trust in a licensed legal professional, you likely have many reasonable expectations. For example, you expect them to:
- Answer the phone when possible.
- Return your calls within a reasonable time frame.
- Keep you informed about your case’s progress.
- Let you know about any new obstacles.
- Answer your questions and concerns with honest answers.
Most attorneys do all they can to keep the lines of communication open. Unfortunately, some motor vehicle accident victims can slip through the cracks and not get the legal attention they deserve.
How can you find a more accessible injury firm?
It’s best to look for a law firm with an upfront policy about their accessibility. In addition to experience, a high rate of success and quality investigative services, you deserve an attorney who:
- Does not hesitate to give out their personal phone number
- Is always willing to answer any questions you pose
- Willingly shares with you details of your accident claim’s progress
- Always answers your calls immediately or within a short time
- Maintains an open-door policy and welcomes your office visits
- Spends as much time as possible working for the best outcome while also protecting your rights
Motor vehicle accidents typically leave victims with one or more severe injuries. When this happens, you need representation and advocacy you can count on to have the best chance of maximizing your compensation.
You have the right to replace your attorney with one more willing to fight for you and stay in contact. However, you may be able to get the results you want with your current attorney by airing your concerns and expectations. If that does not work, we recommend learning more about the personal injury firms in your region of New York.